In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese chicken aloo curry
Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Journey to Burma with this home-style chicken and sweet potato curry, featuring umami-rich miso, fragrant lemongrass paste, and coconut milk.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic sweet potato
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket aloo base (miso - Marash chile flakes - cloves)
Make It Ahead
For maximum flavor and aroma, we recommend doing Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 (minus the cilantro prep) 1 day ahead. Let the curry cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the curry, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, and chop the cilantro.
Calories: 600, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 1070mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut), Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the curry
Add the chicken, sweet potato, tomatoes, coconut milk, and 1½ cups [3 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potato is just tender and the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
When the curry is almost done, prepare the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro; finish the curry
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the water for the curry.