In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese chicken aloo curry with Japanese sweet potatoes
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Journey to Burma for this paleo-friendly curry where Japanese sweet potatoes add a subtle chestnut flavor. Omit the red miso paste if paleo-strict.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 or 3 Japanese sweet potatoes
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - olive oil - fresh ginger - fresh garlic - turmeric - salt)
- 1 teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup red miso paste (contains soy - optional)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Fresh cilantro
Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 16g (80% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 710mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Cook the aloo
Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, coconut milk, ground cloves, and cinnamon sticks and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken and 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Chop the cilantro; finish the aloo
- When the aloo is almost done, coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Remove the aloo from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Season to taste with salt. Discard the cinnamon sticks.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes.
- Measure out 4 cups water.
- Set the table.
- Serve the meal.
- Sweep the floor.