In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese chicken noodle soup with pickled mustard greens
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Our cashew butter–based soup sauce quickly infuses authentic flavor into this delightful slurpable gluten-free Burmese soup, served with vinegary mustard greens.
In your bag
- 5 ounces flat rice noodles
- ¾ pound organic mustard greens or other leafy greens
- Sun Basket Southeast Asian quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket Burmese soup base (gluten-free tamari - cashew butter - honey - sesame oil - rice vinegar - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 650, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 1280mg (53% DV), Carbohydrates: 80g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: (honey, broth contains trace amounts of added sugar): 8g (16% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
While the water heats and the noodles cook, prepare the mustard greens.
Pickle the mustard greens
- Remove any coarse stems from the mustard greens and discard; coarsely chop the greens, keeping the leaves and tender stems separate. Set aside the stems for the soup.
While the mustard greens cook, start the chicken soup.
Prep and cook the chicken soup
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips, then cut the strips crosswise into ½-inch cubes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Time the rice noodles.
- Toss the noodles with oil.
- Garnish with the cilantro.