In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese coconut curry with chicken and udon noodles
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Burma’s answer to a spaghetti dinner, nan gyi dok is a beloved coconut curry dish served over wide noodles. Make this quickly using our signature curry base.
In your bag
- 1 organic egg
- ½ pound fresh udon noodles
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket coconut curry base (coconut milk - garlic - ginger - gluten-free tamari - fish sauce - Chinese chiles - turmeric)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 690, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 205mg (68% DV), Sodium 1330mg (58% DV), Total Carb. 74g (27% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the egg
While the egg cooks and cools, prepare the udon noodles.
Cook the udon noodles
While the water heats and the udon cooks, start the curry.
Prepare the curry
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl; season generously with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the chickpea flour and paprika, and toss to coat.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1¼ cups [2½ cups]; set aside ¼ cup [½ cup] sliced onion for garnish.
While the curry cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Thinly slice the egg crosswise.
- Remove any coarse stems from the cilantro sprigs.
- Time the egg.
- Peel the egg.
- Measure the onion.
- Remove coarse stems from the cilantro.
- Garnish the curry.