In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese salmon salad with lemongrass and apple
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
For this fast paleo and gluten-free main-course salad, we dusted fish with beet powder to create a crimson hue and crushed coriander seeds to add a citrusy aroma.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons beet powder
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 2 organic Pink Lady or other apples
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - extra virgin olive oil - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 570, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the coriander seeds.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the crushed coriander and beet powder.
For skin-on salmon: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For skinless salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. If using skin-on salmon or snapper, pull off the skin and cut it into pieces to add crunch to the salad. Using a fork, flake the flesh of the fish into bite-size pieces. While the fish is cooking and cooling, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; coarsely chop the cabbage.
- Core and thinly slice the apples.
- Crush the coriander seeds.
- Flake the fish into bite-size pieces.
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Top the salad with the fish.