Speedy Burmese salmon salad with lemongrass and apple
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free
For this fast paleo and gluten-free main-course salad, we dusted fish with beet powder and crushed coriander seeds to give it a bright aroma and crimson hue.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons beet powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 romaine heart
- 1 apple such as Gala
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro or other leafy herb such as basil
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
To add crunch to the salad, if you ordered salmon with this meal, don’t discard the cooked skin; coarsely chop it and fold it in with the salad. For a little more texture and flavor, you can toast the sesame seeds: in Step 1, before starting the fish, in the dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring often, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a plate to cool.
Make It Leaner
Use just 2 teaspoons oil in Step 1 to cook the fish and in Step 2 to make the salad dressing to shave off 40 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving.
Calories: 570, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 85mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 29g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.