In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese salmon salad with lemongrass and bell pepper
Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
For this fast paleo and gluten-free main-course salad, we dust fish with crushed coriander seeds and beet powder to give it a bright aroma and crimson hue.
In your bag
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1½ teaspoons beet powder
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
Calories: 530, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 105mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the coriander seeds.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the beet powder and crushed coriander.
For skin-on salmon: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For skinless salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Using a fork, flake the fish into bite-size pieces; if using skin-on salmon or snapper, discard the skin if desired. Wipe out the pan. While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Make the salad
- Crush the coriander seeds.
- Juice the lemon.
- Time the fish.