In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Burmese tomato-chickpea soup with lemongrass
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
The complex flavors in this simple soup come by way of Burma, where the cuisine draws from China, India, and Thailand. The chickpeas lend it texture and protein, while the mix of lemongrass, ginger, and turmeric takes the broth in an intriguing and delicious direction. The heat from the (optional) chile flakes is tempered by a soothing dose of yogurt.
In your bag
- 1 to 2 shallots
- 1½ cup chickpeas
- Lemongrass paste (lemongrass - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - turmeric - canola olive oil blend - salt)
- ½ teaspoon Oaktown Spice Shop kimchi chile flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- Fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions
- 1 lime
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 600, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 330mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Protein 20g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the shallots and chickpeas
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
Cook the shallots
Finish the soup
Prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Trim the ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut the lime into wedges.