In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Butter beans and fregola en brodo with kale and pistou
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
This meal in a bowl is so packed with creamy beans, fregola, and kale, it’s practically a stew. Our pistou sends it over the top.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¾ cup fregola
- 1 organic lemon
- 1½ cups cooked butter beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 3 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Sunbasket pistou (EVOO - fresh basil - Parmesan - fresh garlic)
Calories: 770, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 5mg (2% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 95g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fregola
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup]; set aside half for the brodo.
Add 1½ cups [3 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fregola is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes.
While the fregola cooks, prepare the brodo.
Prep the brodo ingredients
- Using a peeler, remove the zest in wide strips from the lemon, being careful to remove only the outermost yellow layer and leave behind the bitter white pith; cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the brodo
Add the lemon zest, beans, kale, bay leaf, and 1½ cups [3 cups] water and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale has wilted and the liquid thickens, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the lemon zest and bay leaf. Stir in the parsley and season generously to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Measure the water for the fregola and brodo.
- Rinse the beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Dollop the pistou.