Butter bean and kale soup with fregola and pistou
30 – 40 Minutes
This meal in a bowl is so packed with creamy beans, fregola, and kale, it’s practically a stew. Our pistou sends it over the top.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 shallots
- ¾ cup fregola
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- 1 lemon
- 1½ cups cooked butter beans
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket pistou (basil - olive oil - fresh garlic - Parmesan - salt)
To cook the soup in even less time, in Step 2, start cooking the celery, garlic, and shallots while you finish prepping the remaining soup ingredients.
Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 96g (32% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat