In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Butter-bean ragout with pesto and fregola
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Plump, creamy butter beans star in this comforting vegetarian stew. Fregola, a toasted semolina pasta only slightly bigger than couscous, is the perfect shape and texture for this dish, which is finished with a spoonful of Sun Basket’s own fresh pesto.
In your bag
- 1-2 shallots
- ¾ cup fregola
- 1-2 celery ribs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- ½ bunch curly kale
- 1½ cups butter beans
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons pesto (basil - oil - garlic - walnuts - salt)
Calories: 700, Protein: 18 g, Fiber: 18 g, Total Fat: 30 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 740 mg, Carbohydrates: 90 g, Added Sugar: 0 g..
Wash produce before use
Cook the fregola
- Peel and chop the shallots.
Meanwhile, prepare the butter-bean ragout.
Prep and cook the ragout
- Chop the celery and garlic.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a long strip of zest from the lemon and cut the fruit into wedges.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems. Rinse and chop the leaves. Discard the stems.
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from their stems and chop the leaves.