In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Butter-bean ragout with pesto and fregola
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
Plump, creamy butter beans star in this comforting vegetarian stew. Fregola, a toasted semolina pasta only slightly bigger than couscous, is the perfect shape and texture for this dish, which is finished with a spoonful of Sunbasket’s own fresh pesto.
In your bag
- 1-2 shallots
- ¾ cup fregola
- 1-2 celery ribs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- ½ bunch curly kale
- 1½ cups butter beans
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons pesto (basil - oil - garlic - walnuts - salt)
Calories 700, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 740mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 90g (33% DV), Fiber 18g (64% DV), Protein 18g
Wash produce before use
Cook the fregola
- Peel and chop the shallots.
Meanwhile, prepare the butter-bean ragout.
Prep and cook the ragout
- Chop the celery and garlic.
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a long strip of zest from the lemon and cut the fruit into wedges.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems. Rinse and chop the leaves. Discard the stems.
- Rinse the butter beans.
- Strip the parsley leaves from their stems and chop the leaves.