In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Buttermilk-marinated salmon with cucumber salad and pearl couscous
Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Buttermilk makes a surprisingly delicious marinade for fish. It's pleasant, tangy flavor pairs beautifully with the fish and it helps keep the flesh moist while the salmon cooks. Chef Justine uses a little of the reserved marinade as a dressing for the cucumber salad.
In your bag
- ¾ cup pearl couscous
- Fresh basil
- Fresh dill
- 1 meyer lemon
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- Dressing seasoning (apple cider vinegar - ground ginger - honey - ground garlic)
- 2 wild salmon fillets
- 2-3 Persian cucumbers
- 1 red onion
Calories 690, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 69mg (23% DV), Sodium 650mg (28% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Protein 48g
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
Heat the oven to 400°F. In a sauce pot over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the couscous, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just toasted, 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1½ cups water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
While the couscous cooks, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Make the dressing
- Finely chop the basil leaves.
- Finely chop the dill leaves.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
Marinate the salmon
- Peel the onion and cut it in half through the middle. Cut half into thin rings. Cut the remaining onion half in half again and then cut into thin slices.
Make the salad
- Wash the cucumber and cut into thin slices.