In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Butternut squash quesadillas with black beans and vegan “queso”
Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Piping hot mashed butternut squash and rich cashew butter “queso” provide all the creaminess in these cheese-free quesadillas.
In your bag
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- ½ pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- Sun Basket chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 1 head organic baby iceberg or other lettuce
- 1 organic lime
- 2 organic Roma tomatoes
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sun Basket “queso” (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
Calories: 510, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the butternut squash filling
- Rinse the black beans.
While the squash cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; thinly slice the leaves.
- Juice the lime.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; coarsely chop the tomatoes for serving.
Assemble and cook the quesadillas
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the quesadillas and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut in half. Add more oil between batches if needed.
- Rinse the beans.
- Mash the butternut squash.
- Juice the lime.
- Combine the lettuce and lime juice.
- Help assemble the quesadillas.