In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cajun blackened sole and cauliflower-mushroom “dirty rice”
Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
In this paleo take on a classic Cajun dish, cauliflower stands in for the usual rice, which is made “dirty” with the addition of umami-rich porcini powder.
In your bag
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- ½ teaspoon porcini powder
- ¼ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- Fish options:
- 2 wild sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (ancho chile powder - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin)
- 1 organic lemon
Calories: 380, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 65mg (22% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep the “dirty rice” ingredients
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
Start the “dirty rice”
Add the cauliflower “rice” and up to ¼ cup [½ cup] water if dry, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is just tender and the liquid has mostly evaporated, 3 to 5 minutes [4 to 6 min].
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season the sole or trout lightly with salt and pepper, the halibut generously. Sprinkle the fish with the blackening spice blend.
Finish the “dirty rice”
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Measure the water for the “dirty rice.”
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the lemon juice.
- Garnish with the scallions.