In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cajun shrimp and cauliflower “grits”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 350 Calories/Serving
Cauliflower “rice” and a splash of coconut milk stand in for creamy corn grits in this easy riff on Cajun comfort food. Our custom spice blend brings that wonderful bayou flavor.
In your bag
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 organic scallions
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket San Francisco Bay seasoning (celery seeds - sweet paprika - black pepper - ground mustard)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 350, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 140mg (47% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower “grits”
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp]. Set aside half for the shellfish.
Remove from the heat. Using the back of a spoon or a masher, coarsely mash the cauliflower with the liquid; do not overmash (some lumps are okay). Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the scallions and shellfish.
Prep the scallions; prep and cook the shellfish
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper and the San Francisco Bay seasoning.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the San Francisco Bay seasoning.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Separate the white and green parts of the scallions.
- Garnish with the scallions.