In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cajun style rice with shrimp and chorizo
Gluten-Free, Spicy, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
In Cajun kitchens, the combination of onions, celery and bell peppers is known as the “holy trinity” and is the basis of countless dishes. Here Chef Justine riffs on a classic jambalaya inspired by her days as a young cook working in kitchens in New Orleans.
In your bag
- 5 ounces chorizo sausage
- 3 ounces shallots
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Creole spice mix
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup white rice
- 4 ounces padron peppers
- 6 ounces shrimp
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
Wash produce before use
Brown the sausage
While the sausage cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and slice the shallots.
- Dice the red bell pepper, discard the seeds.
- Slice the celery.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch pieces.
Cook the vegetables and rice
Cook the peppers and shrimp