In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Calabrian wedding soup with orzo and turkey meatballs
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Spiced ground turkey meatballs give this soup lean protein, while simmered baby kale brings iron, and garlic helps boost immunity.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket meatball seasoning blend (garlic powder - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sun Basket Parmesan panko (Parmesan - panko)
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 5 ounces orzo
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
A member of a family of small pasta shapes collectively referred to as pastina in Italian, orzo literally translates to “barley,” probably because of its barley-like shape.
Calories: 740, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Strip the dill leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Brown the meatballs
While the meatballs brown, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep and cook the soup
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Measure ½ cup [1 cup] orzo; save the rest for another use.
- Strip the dill leaves.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the orzo.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Garnish with the dill.