In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
California portobello burgers with tahini goddess dressing
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine created California-inspired veggie burgers as a warming antidote to winter, without the heft. Rich portobellos—a good source of potassium for healthy nerve function—team up with our vegan tahini goddess dressing for a light yet satisfying meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 organic portobello mushrooms
- 10 ounces organic broccoli
- 3 ounces organic mixed greens or other leafy greens
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket tahini goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - fresh lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - fresh parsley - fresh garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories 680, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1150mg (50% DV), Total Carb. 94g (34% DV), Fiber 19g (68% DV), Total Sugars 23g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Wheat, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Quick-pickle the apple
- Core and thinly slice the apple.
Prep and cook the portobello mushrooms and broccoli
- Wipe the tops of the portobello mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems, and using a spoon, gently scrape the black gills from the undersides of the caps.
- Brush the mushrooms all over with oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut the broccoli lengthwise into quarters to form spears; trim any coarse stems.
While the mushrooms and broccoli cook, prepare the greens.
Dress the greens
Toast the buns
- Combine the apple cider vinegar and water.
- Wipe the mushrooms; scrape the gills.
- Brush the mushrooms with oil and season.
- Dress the greens.
- Help assemble the burgers.