In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
California tofu bowls with avocado and nori
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Our miso glaze dresses up the tofu in these plant-based rice bowls, with avocado, cucumber, toasted sesame seeds, and nori.
In your bag
- ¾ cup sushi rice
- Sun Basket sushi rice seasoning (rice vinegar - coconut aminos)
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- Sun Basket miso glaze (miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic avocado
- Nori strips (for garnish)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories: 740, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 870mg (36% DV), Carbohydrates: 90g (30% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and broil the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; brush on all sides with the miso glaze.
While the tofu broils, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely crumble the nori strips.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Garnish the tofu bowls.