In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
California tofu bowls with avocado and nori
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Our miso glaze dresses up the tofu in these plant-based rice bowls, with avocado, cucumber, toasted sesame seeds, and nori.
In your bag
- ¾ cup sushi rice
- Sunbasket sushi rice seasoning (rice vinegar - coconut aminos)
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- Sunbasket miso glaze (miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic avocado
- Nori strips (for garnish)
- 1½ teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Calories 740, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 870mg (38% DV), Total Carb. 90g (33% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and broil the tofu
- Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; brush on all sides with the miso glaze.
While the tofu broils, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ¼-inch pieces.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Coarsely crumble the nori strips.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Pat the tofu dry.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Garnish the tofu bowls.