In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
California turkey burgers with cucumber-mint salad and avocado
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Lean ground turkey burgers get a mild kick from mayo spiked with (optional) sambal oelek chile paste and a tangy boost from lime and cilantro.
In your bag
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 2 limes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ¼ cup paleo mayo
- 1½ teaspoons sambal oelek (optional)
- 2 or 3 Roma tomatoes (about ½ pound total)
- 2 avocados
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4 whole wheat buns*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories 510, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 20g (100% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 100mg (33% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 9g (3% DV), Fiber 3g (11% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Prep the turkey burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ½ cup.
- Zest the limes.
- Juice the limes. Set aside the juice for the cucumber-mint salad.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the cucumber-mint salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim off the ends; cut the cucumber on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Strip the mint leaves from their stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
Prep the toppings and lettuce; toast the buns
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayo and as much sambal oelek as you like.
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes; thinly slice the tomatoes.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pits, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root end from the butter lettuce; separate as many larger leaves as desired (paleo-strict diners can build their burgers on lettuce leaves instead of buns).
- Juice the limes.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Toss the cucumber-mint salad.
- Stir together the mayo and sambal oelek, if using.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.