In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Caprese orecchiette with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Tossed with the colors of the Italian flag—white mozzarella, red tomatoes, and our green basil pesto—this hearty caprese pasta is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Buon appetito!
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ pound organic cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket basil pesto (extra virgin olive oil - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 770, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 12g (60% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 40mg (13% DV), Sodium 430mg (19% DV), Total Carb. 68g (25% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the orecchiette and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain the orecchiette.
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, stir together the onion, tomatoes, garlic, red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the orecchiette, mozzarella, and arugula and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the orecchiette to individual bowls, top with the pesto, and serve.
- Time the orecchiette.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the orecchiette with the other ingredients.
- Top the orecchiette with pesto.