In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Caprese orecchiette with cherry tomatoes and basil pesto
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
The crowd-pleasing salad becomes a satisfying vegetarian pasta dish topped with our house-made basil pesto.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces organic Sungold or other cherry tomatoes
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 800, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 48g (74% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 12g (60% DV), Cholesterol: 40mg (13% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the pasta
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Cut the mozzarella into ½-inch pieces.
- Time the orecchiette.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the orecchiette with the other ingredients.
- Top the orecchiette with pesto.