In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cashew chicken and broccoli stir-fry with jasmine rice
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly
4 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Precut chicken and our house-made stir-fry sauce make this meal better than your favorite Chinese takeout, in as little time. To keep it paleo, skip the rice.
In your bag
- 1½ cups jasmine rice*
- 1 red bell pepper
- ¾ pound broccoli
- 6 scallions
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Sun Basket stir-fry base (coconut aminos - cashew butter - prunes - molasses - toasted sesame oil - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar
- ¼ cup water chestnuts
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
Calories: 740, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 93g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: (Molasses): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the stir-fry.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim off any coarse stems.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions. Cut the white parts into 1-inch lengths for the stir-fry; thinly slice the green parts for garnish.
Sear the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a medium bowl; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the arrowroot powder and stir to coat the chicken.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the stir-fry sauce.
Prep the stir-fry sauce; finish the stir-fry
- In a small bowl, using a whisk or fork, mix together the stir-fry base and ¼ cup water.
- Rinse the rice.
- Fluff the rice
- Stir together the stir-fry base and water.
- Garnish with the scallions.
- Serve the meal.