In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cashew-lime glazed chicken with bok choy and orange salsa
Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
In just 20 minutes, toss together this bok choy and chicken dish, sparkling with fresh citrus, cilantro, and radishes.
In your bag
- 2 heads organic baby bok choy
- 3 organic scallions
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- Sun Basket cashew-lime glaze (cashew butter - lime juice - coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil - garlic - sambal oelek - ginger)
- 1 organic orange
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi
Calories: 390, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the bok choy and scallions
- Trim the root ends from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, keeping the cores intact.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 2-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the bok choy, cut sides down, and the scallions, season with salt and pepper, and cook without turning until lightly browned and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. Meanwhile, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In the same pan used for the bok choy and scallions, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the cashew-lime glaze and 5 tablespoons [½ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the chicken is cooking, start preparing the salsa.
Make the orange salsa
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange. Cut the fruit crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices or see Chef’s Tip on surpreming. Discard any seeds.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Thinly slice the radishes for garnish.
In a medium bowl, combine the orange, cilantro, 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] shichimi togarashi, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more shichimi togarashi, if desired.
Transfer the bok choy and scallions to individual plates. Top with the chicken, orange salsa, and radishes and serve.
- Measure the water for the chicken.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Top the dish with the radishes.