In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Catalan chicken with green romesco and Spanish green beans
Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Our secret romesco adds excitement to every bite of this simple Spanish-inspired chicken dish, served with smoky tomato-sauced green beans.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- Sunbasket green romesco (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - cilantro - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 430, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 20g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, prepare the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown and soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the chicken and green beans and tomatoes to individual plates. Garnish the beans and tomatoes with the almonds and serve the green romesco on the side.
- Measure the oil for the chicken and green beans.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the almonds.