In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Catalan chicken with green romesco and Spanish green beans
Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
Our secret romesco adds excitement to every bite of this simple Spanish-inspired dish featuring your choice of protein and smoky tomato-sauced green beans.
In your bag
- Your choice of protein
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- Sunbasket green romesco (mild green chiles - pumpkin seeds - extra virgin olive oil - sherry vinegar - cilantro - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 430, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 17g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep your protein
- Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring once or twice, until lightly browned and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp; 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp, scallops, steak, pork, tofu, or plant-based chicken; and 6 to 8 minutes for chicken. Transfer to a plate. While your protein is cooking, prepare the green beans.
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the green beans and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown and soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the paprika and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the marinara, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer your protein, green beans, and tomatoes to individual plates. Garnish the beans and tomatoes with the almonds and serve the green romesco on the side.
- Measure the oil for your protein and green beans.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the almonds.