In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
One-pot Catalan shrimp zarzuela with almond-parsley picada
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Similar to French bouillabaisse (but without the saffron), zarzuela is a rustic tomato-based seafood stew from Catalan Spain with robust Mediterranean flavors.
In your bag
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic turnip or other root vegetable
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
Calories 610, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 215mg (72% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the zarzuela ingredients; cook the shrimp
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
Cook the zarzuela
While the zarzuela cooks, prepare the picada and lemon.
Make the picada; prep the lemon
- Finely chop the almonds.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Cut the lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the picada.
- Spoon the picada on the stew.