In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Catalan-style pollock with tomato, fennel, and almonds
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
This fish, simmered in a smoky tomato-based sauce and topped with crunchy almonds, will transport you to the Mediterranean coast, where France meets Spain.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic fennel bulb
- ¼ cup dry-roasted almonds
- Fish options:
- 10 ounces wild pollock pieces
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Sun Basket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
Calories: 440, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Trim the root end from the fennel. Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters into ½-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel. If using pollock, season generously with salt and pepper. If using snapper, cut into 1-inch pieces and season lightly with salt and pepper; discard the snapper skin.
Cook the stew
Add the vegetable broth and tomato sauce base and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, nestle the fish in the sauce, cover, and cook until the fish is opaque and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the almonds.