In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Coconut-crusted trout with smashed cucumbers and mint
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Spicy, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
In Asian kitchens, smashing cucumbers is a common practice. It opens the vegetable up to surrounding flavors—here a mix of mint, chiles, and garlic—and leaves them both supple and crisp. The crust on the trout scorches easily. Keep an eye on the fish as it cooks.
In your bag
- ¾ pound Persian cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- Fresh mint
- 1 lime
- Two 6-ounce trout fillets
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Trout coating (shredded coconut - almond meal)
- Cilantro sauce base (cilantro - lemongrass - fresh garlic - olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
Calories 680, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 1190mg (52% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Eggs, Fish, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the salad ingredients
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters; cut the quarters into 2-inch lengths.
- Remove the stem, seeds, and ribs from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-thick strips.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- If using, stem and finely chop the serrano.
- Coarsely chop the mint leaves.
- Juice the lime.
Make the salad
Prep the trout
- Pat the trout dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg until smooth.
- Spread the trout coating on a plate.
Cook the trout
Make the cilantro sauce