In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cauliflower paprikash with roasted red peppers over egg noodles
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Our vegetarian spin on chicken paprikash is loaded with the same slow-cooked flavor—without the slow cooking! The trick is to use pre-roasted red peppers and our paprikash spice blend to create all the sweet-smoky notes in a fraction of the time.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 ounces egg noodles
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1 packet vegetable broth concentrate
- Sunbasket paprikash spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - onion powder - cayenne)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 500, Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the egg noodles
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] for garnish.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook until just tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain, then return the noodles to the pot and toss with all except 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] parsley and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil to prevent sticking. While the water is heating and the noodles are cooking, start preparing the cauliflower paprikash.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the roasted red peppers.
- In a small bowl or cup, mix the vegetable broth concentrate with 1 cup warm water and stir to combine. Measure ½ cup vegetable broth; save the rest for another use. [Mix 1 packet vegetable broth concentrate with 1 cup warm water; save other packet for another use.]
Cook the cauliflower paprikash
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the cauliflower and onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the paprikash spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Add the roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and ½ cup vegetable broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt. Season to taste with salt and pepper and up to ½ teaspoon [1 tsp] sugar (from your pantry), if desired.
Transfer the noodles to individual bowls and top with the cauliflower paprikash. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve.
- Strip the parsley leaves; measure the parsley.
- Salt the water for the noodles.
- Measure the onion.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the parsley.