In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cauliflower “risotto” with shrimp, butternut squash, and fried sage
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Paleo risotto? It’s true, creamy risotto without grains or dairy. And swapping cauliflower for rice boosts the nutrients: 100 percent of your daily vitamin C, perfect for the winter cold.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ pound organic chopped peeled butternut squash
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh sage
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Sunbasket risotto spice blend (granulated garlic - porcini powder - sweet paprika)
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories: 510, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 1120mg (47% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and pumpkin; roast the butternut squash
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree and ¼ cup [½ cup] water.
- Cut any large butternut squash chunks into ¼-inch pieces.
While the butternut squash roasts, prepare the sage.
Prep and fry the sage
- Strip the sage leaves from the stems; finely chop half the leaves for the risotto. Keep the remaining leaves whole.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper and the risotto spice blend.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the risotto spice blend.
Cook the risotto
While the risotto cooks, chop the walnuts.
Prep the walnuts; finish the risotto
- Coarsely chop the walnuts for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the pumpkin puree and water.
- Toss the butternut squash with oil and seasonings.
- Strip the sage leaves.
- Garnish with the walnuts and fried sage.