In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Char siu tofu burgers with pickled cabbage and roasted broccoli
Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Why do we love these plant-based tofu burgers? Let us count the ways. They’re packed with protein, easy to make, and slathered with our one-of-a-kind char siu glaze.
In your bag
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 ounces organic broccoli
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- 2 Hodu organic tofu burgers
- Sunbasket char siu glaze (maple syrup - coconut aminos - molasses - dried plums - garlic - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil - beet powder - five-spice powder)
- Sunbasket carrot-ginger puree (carrots - water - extra virgin olive oil - apple cider vinegar - lime juice - ginger - kosher salt)
Calories 580, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 58g (21% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 13g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the cabbage
Heat the oven to 425°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the cabbage and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
On a sheet pan, toss the broccoli with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, until the broccoli is tender and well browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the buns and the burgers.
Toast the buns
In a large frying pan, place the buns, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan.
Cook the burgers
- Pat the tofu burgers dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the buns, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the tofu burgers and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and brush the burgers on both sides with the char siu glaze. Remove from the heat. While the burgers are cooking, finish the toppings.
Finish the toppings; assemble the burgers
- In a small bowl, stir together the carrot-ginger puree and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled cabbage from the brine.
Place the bun bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface and slather with half the carrot-ginger puree. Top with the tofu burgers, pickled cabbage, and as much remaining carrot-ginger puree as you like. Close with the bun tops.
Transfer the burgers and broccoli to individual plates and serve.
- Stir the pickled cabbage.
- Toss the broccoli with oil and season.
- Stir the ginger-carrot puree with oil and season.
- Remove the pickled cabbage from the brine.
- Help assemble the burgers.