In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Czech stuffed chard rolls with ground beef and rice
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
This lightened version of a Czech family favorite combines beef and rice rolled up in chard for pleasantly bitter notes that cut the richness of the meat.
In your bag
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 bunch organic Swiss chard
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 2 organic celery ribs
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Your choice of protein
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
Calories 560, Total Fat 27g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 38g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chard.
Prep and cook the chard leaves
- Trim the thickest stems from the chard.
While the water heats and the chard cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Chop the celery into ¼-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
While the vegetables cook and cool, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the filling
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
Assemble and cook the chard rolls
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the chard rolls.