In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Charred peach and feta flatbreads with frisée salad
Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 790 Calories/Serving
These summery flatbreads with peaches and feta are a perfect snack for your next backyard BBQ or a delicious dinner for two on a weeknight.
In your bag
- 2 organic peaches or other stone fruit
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 2 whole grain lavash flatbreads
- 1½ ounces crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 head organic frisée or other chicory lettuce
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
Calories: 790, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 112g (37% DV), Total Sugars: 25g, Added Sugars: (flatbreads contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the peaches and shallots
- Cut the peaches into quarters lengthwise away from the pits; cut the fruit into ½-inch-thick wedges.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
While the peaches and shallots cook, prepare the flatbreads.
Assemble and toast the flatbreads
Working in batches if needed, transfer to a sheet pan, placing the flatbreads side by side, and arrange the peaches and shallots evenly over the flatbreads, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the feta and drizzle with 2 to 3 teaspoons [4 to 6 tsp] balsamic vinegar or more to taste.
Place the flatbreads under the broiler, watching closely to prevent burning, and broil until the flatbreads are crisp, the feta is starting to soften, and the balsamic vinegar has caramelized slightly, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
Make the salad; prep the almonds
- Trim the root end from the frisée; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the almonds for garnish.
Finish the flatbreads
- Brush the flatbreads with oil.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Toss the frisée salad.
- Top the flatbreads with salad and almonds.