In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cheesy chicken sloppy joes with crisp lettuce salad
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Our take on an all-American classic features ground chicken mixed with our custom-spiced sloppy joe sauce, melted cheddar, and optional jalapeño.
In your bag
- 2 whole wheat buns
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- 10 ounces ground chicken
- Sun Basket sloppy joe sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - vegan Worcestershire - granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- Sun Basket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories: 650, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 630mg (26% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the buns
Make the sloppy joe filling
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
- Cut a small corner from the ground chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Stir in the sloppy joe sauce base and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the cheddar and cook until melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the sloppy joe filling is cooking, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the sloppy joe filling.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Assemble the salad.