In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa and black bean enchilada casserole with radish-apple salad
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Baked until warm and creamy, this gluten-free casserole has Tex-Mex flavors and lots of chiles and cheese, cooled off by a crisp radish-apple salad.
In your bag
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- Sunbasket enchilada sauce base (tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 3 or 4 radishes (about 3 ounces total)
- 2 apples (such as Fuji)
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
Calories: 520, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, rinse the black beans and make the enchilada sauce.
Prep the black beans and the enchilada sauce
- Rinse the black beans.
Assemble and bake the casserole
While the casserole bakes, prepare the salad and garnishes.
Make the salad; prep the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Thinly slice the fruit.
- Juice the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and coarsely chop the flesh; set aside for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa and the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Toss the salad.
- Add the garnishes.