In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Quinoa and black bean enchilada casserole with radish-apple salad
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
4 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
Baked until warm and creamy, this gluten-free casserole has Tex-Mex flavors and lots of chiles and cheese, cooled off by a crisp radish-apple salad.
In your bag
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- Sun Basket enchilada sauce base (tomato paste - chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup diced mild green chiles
- 3 or 4 radishes (about 3 ounces total)
- 2 apples (such as Fuji)
- 1 lemon
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 6 ounces shredded Savoy cabbage
Make It Ahead
For an easy breezy casserole, prep Steps 1 and 2 up to 1 day ahead; add the beans to the sauce. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate separately. The next day, proceed with the rest of the recipe as written.
Enchilar, the root of the Spanish word enchilada, means to get angry and red in the face. You could almost say this dish takes on its namesake quality as it bakes up piping hot in the oven and the bubbling crimson chile sauce comes to life.
Calories: 520, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 16g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, rinse the black beans and make the enchilada sauce.
Prep the black beans and the enchilada sauce
- Rinse the black beans.
Assemble and bake the casserole
While the casserole bakes, prepare the salad and garnishes.
Make the salad; prep the garnishes
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
- Cut the apples into quarters lengthwise and cut away the core. Thinly slice the fruit.
- Juice the lemon.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and coarsely chop the flesh; set aside for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa and the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Toss the salad.
- Add the garnishes.