In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cheesy farfalle with sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Velvety Italian besciamella (also known as béchamel) and fresh mozzarella come together in a creamy pasta packed with fresh vegetables.
In your bag
- 5 ounces whole grain farfalle
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
A favorite way to add mild heat to most any dish, red chile flakes tend to contain every part of the dried chile: skin, seeds, and veins (the hottest part because they hold the most capsaicin). They're most often crushed dried cayenne chiles, though serranos and jalapeños are also frequently in the mix, along with ancho and árbol chiles and sometimes even sweet bell peppers. Heat and color can vary widely depending on the blend.
Calories: 770, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 60mg (20% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 78g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farfalle
While the water heats and the farfalle cooks, prepare the sun-dried tomatoes.
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Save half the baby broccoli for another use. Trim the root ends from the remaining broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the broccoli. Do not clean the pan.
Make the sauce; finish the pasta
- Coarsely chop or tear the mozzarella.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Stir in the broccoli-mushroom mixture and sun-dried tomatoes. Add the farfalle and toss to coat; if needed, add the reserved pasta cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach a creamy consistency. Remove from the heat, stir in the mozzarella, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.