In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Cheesy farfalle with sun-dried tomatoes and broccoli
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 770 Calories/Serving
Velvety Italian besciamella (also known as béchamel) and fresh mozzarella come together in a creamy pasta packed with fresh vegetables.
In your bag
- 5 ounces whole grain farfalle
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 2 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 770, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 60mg (20% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 78g (28% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the farfalle
While the water heats and the farfalle cooks, prepare the sun-dried tomatoes.
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes
While the tomatoes soak, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Save half the baby broccoli for another use. Trim the root ends from the remaining broccoli; cut the broccoli into 2-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the broccoli. Do not clean the pan.
Make the sauce; finish the pasta
- Coarsely chop or tear the mozzarella.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
Stir in the broccoli-mushroom mixture and sun-dried tomatoes. Add the farfalle and toss to coat; if needed, add the reserved pasta cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach a creamy consistency. Remove from the heat, stir in the mozzarella, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the basil.