In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Fusilli with mushrooms, leeks, and greens in smoky cheddar sauce
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Broccoli leaves are enjoying a moment and for good reason. In this cheesy pasta dish, they deliver a hearty dose of vitamins and minerals, along with earthy flavor and delicate texture.
In your bag
- 7 ounces Talluto’s fresh fusilli
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic leek
- 1 bunch organic broccoli leaves or other leafy greens (about ¾ pound)
- ½ cup grated cheddar
- ¼ cup organic Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sunbasket smoky spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
Calories 560, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 85mg (28% DV), Sodium 390mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 27g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the fusilli
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Separate the fusilli so the noodles don’t clump together during cooking. Add the fusilli and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the fusilli, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the mushrooms into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Remove any coarse stems from the broccoli leaves; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cheddar, yogurt, and one-third of the mustard, adding more mustard to taste.
Cook the vegetables; finish the dish
In a large sauce pot over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon oil until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the leek, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, add the broccoli leaves and smoky spice blend and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leaves are wilted and the spice blend is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar mixture, fusilli, and reserved pasta cooking water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fusilli to individual bowls and serve.
- Salt the water for the fusilli.
- Separate the fusilli.
- Time the fusilli.
- Rinse the leek.
- Stir the cheddar, yogurt, and mustard.