In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken adobo vermicelli bowls
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
Tangy chicken adobo, braised in vinegar and soy sauce, is a Filipino classic. We love to serve this bold stew over a bed of springy vermicelli noodles.
In your bag
- 5 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket adobo sauce base (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound organic shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 610, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 1360mg (57% DV), Carbohydrates: 77g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice noodles
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons [1 TBL].
Prep the chicken; cook the chicken adobo
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Add the adobo sauce base and ½ cup [1 cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. When the chicken adobo is almost done, prepare the herbs.
Prep the herbs
- Strip the mint and cilantro leaves from the stems; coarsely tear or chop the leaves, if desired.
- Time the rice noodles.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the adobo.
- Strip the mint and cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the carrots, mint, and cilantro.