In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Jan’s chicken and apple salad with walnuts and avocado
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Retro chicken, apple, and walnut salad meets kale and avocado. Together with our house dressing, we give you a superfood-rich meal that’s sure to become a weeknight favorite.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket house dressing (EVOO - balsamic vinegar - garlic - Dijon mustard - kosher salt)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 ounces organic trimmed green beans
- 1 organic carrot
- 1 organic Gala or other apple
- 1 organic avocado
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
Calories: 590, Protein: 48g (96% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 310mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 33g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kale
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick strips; season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Cut the green beans into 1-inch lengths.
- Scrub or peel the carrot and trim the ends; thinly slice the carrot on the diagonal.
- Core and cut the apple into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ½-inch pieces.
- Massage the kale.
- Scrub the carrot.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Assemble the salad.