In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and basil stir-fry with jade rice
Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Crisp bell pepper and zucchini and sweetly aromatic Thai basil pop in this chicken stir-fry dinner. The heat factor is optional—add the fresh chile to taste for an extra kick.
In your bag
- ¾ cup jade rice
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket Asian seasoning blend (gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
Calories: 550, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 15g (23% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 670mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the white and light green parts into 2-inch lengths. Thinly slice the dark green parts on the diagonal for garnish.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem; very thinly slice the serrano crosswise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the stir-fry
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the scallions.