In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and beet salad with pear, walnuts, and lemon-tahini dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Jazz up your dinner with a few simple tricks. In this colorful chicken salad, we use roasted beets, creamy goat cheese, crunchy pumpkin seeds, and a mighty fine dressing to top it all off.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 organic Bosc or other pear
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 5 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
Calories 650, Total Fat 43g (55% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 90mg (30% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 34g (12% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then cut into ½-inch-thick slices. While the chicken is cooking and resting, start the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the salad
- Set aside half the dukkah for garnish.
- Core and cut the pear into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; cut the beets in half, then into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves for garnish.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil, and half the dukkah; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, pear, and beets and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the salad to individual plates and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the walnuts, goat cheese, and as much mint as you like. Garnish with the remaining dukkah and serve.
- Time the chicken.
- Divide the dukkah in half.
- Strip and tear the mint leaves.
- Make the dressing; assemble the salad.
- Add the garnishes to the salad.