In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and hummus flatbread “tacos” with Greek kale salad
Soy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Is there anything hummus can’t do? Here we use it as a spread to help hold together these flatbread “tacos” heaped with juicy chicken and a punchy kale salad.
In your bag
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale
- Sunbasket Mediterranean vinaigrette base (extra virgin olive oil - red wine vinegar - champagne vinegar - sun-dried tomatoes - garlic - dried oregano - Dijon mustard)
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 4 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain lavash flatbreads
- Sunbasket hummus (chickpeas - water - extra virgin olive oil - tahini - lemon juice - kosher salt - garlic - cumin - coriander)
Calories 630, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 110mg (37% DV), Sodium 1210mg (53% DV), Total Carb. 50g (18% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes; prep and cook the chicken
- In a small bowl, soak the sun-dried tomatoes in very hot tap water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly. Cut the chicken crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. While the chicken is cooking and cooling, prepare the salad and flatbreads.
Make the kale salad
In a large bowl, combine the kale with the Mediterranean vinaigrette base and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, season with salt and pepper, and gently massage the leaves. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and feta, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
Toast the flatbreads; assemble the “tacos”
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the flatbreads, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Spoon the hummus evenly over the flatbreads, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Top with the chicken and as much kale salad as you like. Fold up to form “tacos.”
Transfer the flatbread “tacos” to individual plates and serve any remaining kale salad on the side.
- Pat the soaked sun-dried tomatoes dry.
- Time the chicken.
- Massage the kale leaves.
- Assemble the kale salad.
- Help assemble the flatbread “tacos.”