Chicken and kale salad with blistered grapes and tomatoes
Paleo, Gluten Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
This paleo and gluten-free salad is light on calories but heavy on flavor with rosemary-rubbed chicken breasts and our house-made dressing.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 red onion
- Sun Basket house dressing base (balsamic vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic)
- 3 ounces red grapes
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- Two 6-ounce boneless skin-on chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
Cooking chicken with the skin on helps the flesh retain its natural juices. However, once it's cooked, you can cut the fat per serving by over half (6 grams) and reduce the calories by more than 25% (60 calories) if you remove the skin before enjoying your meal.
Prep and dress the kale
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Peel and thinly slice enough red onion to measure 1 cup.
Cook the grapes and tomatoes
- Remove any stems from the grapes.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and coat all over with the rosemary.
While the chicken cooks and rests, prepare the remaining ingredients and assemble the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; toss the salad
- Set aside 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds for optional garnish.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 44g (68% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 24g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.