In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and new potato lettuce cups with tarragon-mustard dressing
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Tarragon brings elegance and a lovely anise-like flavor to this portable and gluten-free mash-up of chicken and potato salads.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- ½ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
Many people think new potatoes are a variety of potato, but they actually are just young. Freshly harvested, these spuds have thin skins and haven’t developed all their starches, which accounts for their denser texture and subtly sweeter flavor.
Calories: 580, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 28g (43% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
Cook the green beans
While the beans cook, start the potatoes and scallions.
Cook the potatoes and scallions
While the potatoes and scallions cook, prepare the tarragon-mustard dressing.
Make the tarragon-mustard dressing; assemble the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon.]
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Shred the chicken.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Fill the romaine leaves with chicken salad.