In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and new potato lettuce cups with tarragon-mustard dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Tarragon brings elegance and a lovely anise-like flavor to this portable and gluten-free mash-up of chicken and potato salads.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- ½ pound organic red or gold new potatoes
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
Nutrition per serving
Calories 580, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 360mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
Cook the green beans
While the beans cook, start the potatoes and scallions.
Cook the potatoes and scallions
While the potatoes and scallions cook, prepare the tarragon-mustard dressing.
Make the tarragon-mustard dressing; assemble the salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon.]
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; finely chop the leaves.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
- Shred the chicken.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the tarragon leaves.
- Separate the romaine leaves.
- Fill the romaine leaves with chicken salad.