In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and penne casserole with carrots, peas, and ricotta
2 Servings, 850 Calories/Serving
Fresh ricotta lends extra creaminess to this easy casserole dish, finished with a crunchy layer of toasted bread crumbs. Hello, comfort food!
In your bag
- 5 ounces penne
- ¼ cup panko
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 3 ounces organic baby carrots
- ½ cup organic peas
- Sun Basket basil pesto (EVOO - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
- ¼ cup fresh ricotta
Calories: 850, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 32g (49% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 390mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 94g (31% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Toast the panko
Prep and cook the chicken
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables; finish the dish
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ½-inch pieces.
Add the chicken, peas, penne, and reserved pasta cooking water and toss to coat. Remove from the heat, stir in the pesto and ricotta, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the penne.
- Time the penne.
- Sprinkle the dish with the panko.