In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Hearty chicken and red rice soup with limas, cabbage, and sweet peas
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Chicken soup with red rice, lima beans, petite peas, and shredded cabbage is an easy, nutrient-rich one-pot meal that’s perfect on a cold night.
The Heart-Check Certification indicates the recipe meets the American Heart Association®’s nutrition requirements. To remain at or under the maximum 600mg sodium per serving, use no more than ⅛ teaspoon salt to season this recipe. We also recommend using the lower amounts of oil suggested for preparation.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup red rice
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup cooked lima beans
- ½ cup peas
- 2 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
Calories 500, Total Fat 9g (12% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 480mg (21% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the chicken; start the soup
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; cut the chicken into ½-inch pieces. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
When the soup is almost done, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes; finish the soup
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the water for the soup.
- Juice the lemon; measure the juice.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.
The Heart-Check Certification applies to original recipes only and does not apply when a protein customization is utilized.