Chicken and spaghetti with kale and caramelized onions
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
30 – 45 Minutes
This chicken dinner is so packed with comfort foods, you’ll want to curl up on the couch with your bowl.
In your bag
- 5 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
We like to turn the chicken occasionally as it cooks because this helps to baste the meat from the inside out, distributing the juices more evenly and preventing it from drying out.
Calories: 680, Protein: 59g (118% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 170mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 73g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.