In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and spaghetti with kale and caramelized onions
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
This chicken and fresh spaghetti dinner is so packed with comfort foods, you’ll want to curl up on the couch with your bowl.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 750, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 235mg (78% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 75g (27% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 60g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (hazelnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the onion and garlic.
Prep and cook the onion and garlic
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the onion cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the spaghetti
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Parmesan; set aside the rest for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnuts, parsley, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Measure the Parmesan.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan.