In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and spaghetti with kale and caramelized onions
Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
This chicken and fresh spaghetti dinner is so packed with comfort foods, you’ll want to curl up on the couch with your bowl.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ pound organic shredded kale or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 750, Protein: 60g (120% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 235mg (78% DV), Sodium: 380mg (16% DV), Carbohydrates: 75g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (hazelnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the spaghetti
While the water heats and the spaghetti cooks, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the onion and garlic.
Prep and cook the onion and garlic
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the onion cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the spaghetti
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts.
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Parmesan; set aside the rest for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnuts, parsley, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion and garlic.
- Measure the Parmesan.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan.