In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and white bean chili with avocado and cheese
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Chili in 15 minutes? Who knew! Mild yet flavorful, thanks to our house-made spice blend, this satisfying, Mexican-inspired gluten-free dish comes together in a flash.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- Sunbasket smoky chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 organic avocado
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 580, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 310mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 38g (14% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 46g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the chili
- Cut a small corner from the chicken packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season lightly with salt and pepper and the smoky chili spice blend.
- Rinse the white beans.
Add the tomatoes, beans, and 1 cup [2 cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the liquid has thickened slightly, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the chili cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh into ¼-inch-thick slices, then coarsely chop, if desired.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the beans.
- Scoop out the avocado.
- Garnish the chili.