In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and zhug with citrus-romaine salad
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Family-Friendly, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
The herb-packed Middle Eastern condiment zhug is like chimichurri with a mildly spicy kick. Its flavor pops on seared chicken breasts, alongside a bright citrus-romaine salad.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket zhug spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - cayenne - cloves)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic orange
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- Sun Basket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
Calories: 440, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 140mg (6% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the zhug
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the citrus-romaine salad.
Make the citrus-romaine salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then, if desired, cut the slices into quarters. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the zhug.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the chicken with the zhug.