In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken and zhug with citrus-romaine salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
The herb-packed Middle Eastern condiment zhug is like chimichurri with a mildly spicy kick. Its flavor pops on seared chicken breasts, alongside a bright citrus-romaine salad.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket zhug spice blend (coriander - cumin - cardamom - cayenne - cloves)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic orange
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- Sunbasket sherry vinaigrette base (sherry vinegar - whole grain mustard)
Calories 440, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 140mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Make the zhug
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the citrus-romaine salad.
Make the citrus-romaine salad
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the fruit crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices, then, if desired, cut the slices into quarters. Discard any seeds.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root end from the romaine; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the zhug.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Top the chicken with the zhug.