In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts and muhammara with apple-celery salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Muhammara, a Levantine red pepper and walnut spread, makes a sweet-tangy schmear for pan-cooked chicken breasts, served with a fresh apple-celery salad.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 3 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket muhammara (walnuts - roasted red peppers - pomegranate juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - cumin)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 570, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 31g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 42g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the apple-celery salad
- Juice the lemon.
- Peel the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir together the apple-celery salad.
- Smear the plates with muhammara.