In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts and muhammara with apple-celery salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Muhammara, a Levantine red pepper and walnut spread, makes a sweet-tangy schmear for pan-cooked chicken breasts, served with a fresh apple-celery salad.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 3 ounces total)
- 1 or 2 organic celery ribs (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- Sunbasket muhammara (walnuts - roasted red peppers - pomegranate juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - cumin)
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 570, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 240mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the apple-celery salad
- Juice the lemon.
- Peel the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Trim the ends from the celery; thinly slice the celery on the diagonal.
- Cut the apple lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut each quarter lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir together the apple-celery salad.
- Smear the plates with muhammara.