In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts diablo with broccoli and caramelized onion
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Our signature diablo glaze gives color and gentle heat to this meal, while caramelized onion and cilantro take simply cooked broccoli to new heights.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces organic broccoli
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket diablo glaze (water - tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
Calories: 470, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the onion.
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
While the onion cooks, prepare the broccoli and finish the dish.
Prep and cook the broccoli; finish the dish
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa and broccoli.
- Drizzle the diablo glaze.