In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts diablo with broccoli and caramelized onion
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Our signature diablo glaze gives color and gentle heat to this meal, while caramelized onion and cilantro take simply cooked broccoli to new heights.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces organic broccoli
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket diablo glaze (water - tomatoes - EVOO - tomato paste - garlic - kosher salt - dried New Mexican chiles - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
Did you know Mexican oregano (in our Sun Basket diablo glaze) comes from an entirely different plant family than Mediterranean oregano? The Mexican variety is related to lemon verbena and is a bit more citrusy with notes of anise, compared to the many Mediterranean varieties, which are related to mint and have earthier, more peppery flavors. The two types of oregano can be used interchangeably, but a dish will taste more authentic when you use the type that matches the recipe’s origin.
Calories: 470, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 440mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the onion.
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
While the onion cooks, prepare the broccoli and finish the dish.
Prep and cook the broccoli; finish the dish
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Measure the water for the quinoa and broccoli.
- Drizzle the diablo glaze.