In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts over crispy chickpeas with green bean salad and pesto
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Flavored with briny capers, punchy Dijon mustard, and fresh tarragon, this green bean salad is a thing of beauty. Pair it with hard-cooked eggs and juicy chicken breasts for a dinner that’ll transport you to the French Riviera.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 organic red onion
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette base (extra virgin olive oil - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 organic celery rib
- 2 or 3 sprigs organic fresh tarragon
- Chicken options:
- 2 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 to 4 organic boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- Sunbasket arugula-pistachio pesto (extra virgin olive oil - arugula - pistachios - Parmesan - garlic - honey - lemon juice - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes)
Calories 660, Total Fat 49g (63% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 240mg (80% DV), Sodium 500mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 20g (7% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander and rinse under cold water. Keep the water boiling for the eggs (Step 3). While the water is heating and the beans are cooking, prepare the onion and caper vinaigrette.
Prep the onion; make the caper vinaigrette
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
In a medium bowl, stir together the caper vinaigrette base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper, add the onion, and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Cook the eggs
Fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water used for the beans and cook for 10 to 12 minutes for hard-cooked. Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the eggs are cooking and cooling, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the chickpeas
- Rinse the chickpeas; pat thoroughly dry with a paper towel.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 4 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chickpeas and cook, stirring often, until deep golden brown and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan. While the chickpeas are cooking, start preparing the remaining ingredients and assembling the salad.
Prep the remaining ingredients; assemble the green bean salad
- Thinly slice the celery.
- Strip the tarragon leaves from the stems; tear any large leaves in half. Set aside half for garnish.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Set aside for serving.
To the bowl with the caper vinaigrette and onion, add the green beans, celery, and half the tarragon and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand while you prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the chickpeas, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts.
Transfer the chickpeas to individual plates. Top with the eggs, green bean salad, and chicken and spoon the pesto over the chicken. Garnish with the remaining tarragon, if desired, and serve.
- Measure the onion.
- Stir the vinaigrette; toss the onion.
- Peel the eggs.
- Strip and tear the tarragon leaves.
- Spoon on the pesto; garnish with the tarragon.