In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with charred romaine and mango-almond salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
This vividly colored chicken dish is a brilliant mix of flavors and textures, with a juicy salsa that gets crunch from almonds, plus crisp-tender vegetables charred with umami-rich seasoning.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic mango
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- Sunbasket Montreal seasoning (granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet paprika - coriander - dried dill)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories 560, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 85mg (4% DV), Total Carb. 26g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 45g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the salsa.
Start the mango-almond salsa
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook the romaine and radishes
- Keeping the root end intact, cut the romaine in half lengthwise. Brush the romaine all over with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and season lightly with half the Montreal steak seasoning.
- Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
While the romaine and radishes cook, finish the salsa.
Finish the mango-almond salsa
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the lemon zest and juice and oil.
- Stir the vinaigrette, mango, and tomatoes.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the salsa.