In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Chicken breasts with charred romaine and mango-almond salsa
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
This vividly colored chicken dish is a brilliant mix of flavors and textures, with a juicy salsa that gets crunch from almonds, plus crisp-tender vegetables charred with umami-rich seasoning.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic mango
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- Sunbasket Montreal seasoning (granulated garlic - onion powder - sweet paprika - coriander - dried dill)
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted almonds
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
Calories: 560, Protein: 45g (90% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 85mg (4% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, start preparing the salsa.
Start the mango-almond salsa
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit. Cut the fruit into ½-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
Prep and cook the romaine and radishes
- Keeping the root end intact, cut the romaine in half lengthwise. Brush the romaine all over with 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] oil and season lightly with half the Montreal steak seasoning.
- Cut the radishes lengthwise into quarters.
While the romaine and radishes cook, finish the salsa.
Finish the mango-almond salsa
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the lemon zest and juice and oil.
- Stir the vinaigrette, mango, and tomatoes.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the salsa.